- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use.
- Don't rely on your gun's safety.
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care.
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun and have it serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm
you are using.
- We do not allow alcohol on the club grounds.
- We do not hunt on the club grounds.
- We do not use rocks or glass as targets.
- We do not carry concealed firearms or LOADED guns on the club grounds.
- We do not, EVER, load a firearm unless we’re on the appropriate firing point and preparing to fire.
- NSCA tournament rules require all vehicle-mounted gun racks (carts, atv, etc) to be positioned so gun muzzles point up. As an NSCA-affiliated club, we follow this safety practice.
In addition, we observe the following fundamental safety rules:
Elbert County Gun Club Inc.
(click images for larger view)